Friday, January 13, 2006

And so it is .....


diving // close-up // beer beer beer // B-O-Y-S // BOYS + me // I'm learning how to equalise with a regulator in my mouth

Yesterday, in frigid cold conditions (ok ok yes yes yes i'm overexaggerating), I had my first taste of donning all that insane amount of gear just so that I can eventually be licensed to see all those fishys under water. Theory and confined water dive sessions in a swimming pool. It was really really quite fun, being able to breathe for so long under water, carrying a compressed air tank for the very first time, oh yes and wearing a wet suit too. Those things, were actually firsts for me so I guess, they'll count as experiences too:)

I realised though, after yesterday that I've really got a rather huge phobia of inhaling water up my nose. Like it's this really scary, uncomfortable sense of pressure. It's like my mind can't seem to grapple with the fact that air is a few metres away and I've to clear my mask with water surrounding me completely - for me, it's a really, really scary thought. Really, really scary. Therefore, as much as it was such a nice new experience, it became a very big mind game for me. To have to take off my mask whilst being submerged underwater amounts to having to force me to step out of my comfort zone - I would have cried I tell you, if not for the fact that I want my diving license really really badly.

please please, let me not have a problem equalising at that depth. sighs. I hate being so weak.

However, nothing like beer to relieve all the aching joints, water pressure as well as the stress on the mind. Whee. I like beer. beer with good food + good company - I like. For those few hours, it really didn't matter that just the day before my mum indirectly kept reiterating the fact that a fat girl like me couldn't wear certain clothes. I was just famished, deprived of caffeine and tired.

Ah well, so a couple of pictures first before I go on a real dive - see yan 1, i didn't take 2 million years to put pictures up!!!! :P
oh yes oh yes, I'm terribly certain now that the art of procrastination flows in the blood of AC. We took darn long to move our asses from one place to the next, because we couldn't decide.

In any case, more work tommorrow = more $ for Starbucks because no coffee = zonked out, stoned and starry eyed.

Someone entertain me.

Get Stickam for Free.
adopt your own virtual pet!

results

Torts A.50.P.

Psych testing.63.C.

Property A.54.P.

Perception & Personality.60.C.

DAYS TILL:

adulthood [5 mths]

loved ones coming [2 mths]

TO GOING HOME [4 mths]

Francine.yans.yan

confused.still seeking.lost. searching.discovering.investigating. guzzling.coffee.scones.jam. cookies.shopping.obssessed. music.movies.melacholy.strange. constant.wondering.wandering.

  • nickelback -- faraway
  • brooke fraser - her whole cd!!
  • John Hiatt - have a little faith in me
  • Snaps
  • Thailand 05
  • COUNCIL!!!
  • Becky's
  • cera's
  • Charm's
  • Derrick's
  • Gen's
  • jasmine's
  • jiemei's
  • Joel's
  • Joon's
  • meimei's
  • sammy's
  • Sherlynn's
  • Tsin's
  • Yan|1|'s
  • Powered by Blogger