Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Turning and being 20

Turning 20 over the weekend was such a wondrous affair. It wasn't as exciting as previous years but yet, I think it's been one of the best birthdays in the longest of time. It was one of those do absolutely nothing days except for the marathon in the morning.

Then though, I realise that turning 20 and being 20 is a totally different thing altogether. Why is it that when you're finally 20, there are alot of people out there who expect you to be and act like a 20 year old but at the same time refuse to give you the benefit of the doubt, the benefit of knowing that you'll act responsibly and not do out of this world things with your life? I don't know. I'm just not happy. I never really liked the whole "knowing comes with experience" nonsense, yes I admit that it's quinessential, it's one of those mantras in life that has been bombarded constantly in my head since I could barely walk...and really, I do have this huge dislike for it.

Why can't anything be striaght forward and just a tad easier. Or why can't I be a tad smarter, or learn things a little quicker. Or why can't things be just a little more fucking easy. My parents still refuse to let me take the car on my own. Because I have issues with parking with my the ass of the car in. And I'm not allowed to go with the front in because reverse parking is the "Singapore" way. Boo. Honestly, I really think it's the whole issue of having an Australian license and the fundamental fact that I'm just not trusted.

It's because Australian licenses are inferior, it's because when they give us the damn, fucking license we're under-qualified. Because in Australia we're not taught to park properly, because in Australia, the drivers are just fucking nice, the roads are fucking wider, the lots are fucking wider and it's not as crowded. It's really all just a load of trash-talk. I just don't get why everyone has got this stereotypical mentality of the laidback lifestyle of Australia. Perhaps it's the perception that they give, in truth though, it's not like that.

We've got fucking roundabouts at every fucking corner. We've got traffic lights that work strange, and tram lines that drive you mad. Our roads are slanted. Not all our lots are big and we've got these things called hook turns. Now, how many people here actually have any fucking idea about hook turns??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying that Australian accredited drivers are any much better. I just feel that we shouldn't be marginalised or ostracised. We can drive just as well. Maybe we're just a tad more polite and not as crazy. It's just not fucking fair.

Studying in Australia is not any easier either.

I need to go swimming. I apologise for the swearing. I'm just fucking pissed.

Get Stickam for Free.
adopt your own virtual pet!

results

Torts A.50.P.

Psych testing.63.C.

Property A.54.P.

Perception & Personality.60.C.

DAYS TILL:

adulthood [5 mths]

loved ones coming [2 mths]

TO GOING HOME [4 mths]

Francine.yans.yan

confused.still seeking.lost. searching.discovering.investigating. guzzling.coffee.scones.jam. cookies.shopping.obssessed. music.movies.melacholy.strange. constant.wondering.wandering.

  • nickelback -- faraway
  • brooke fraser - her whole cd!!
  • John Hiatt - have a little faith in me
  • Snaps
  • Thailand 05
  • COUNCIL!!!
  • Becky's
  • cera's
  • Charm's
  • Derrick's
  • Gen's
  • jasmine's
  • jiemei's
  • Joel's
  • Joon's
  • meimei's
  • sammy's
  • Sherlynn's
  • Tsin's
  • Yan|1|'s
  • Powered by Blogger