Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Breathe a little easier

"To be silent the whole day long, see no newspaper, hear no radio, listen to no gossip, be thoroughly and completely lazy, thoroughly and completely indifferent to the fate of the world is the finest medicine a man can give himself" - Henry Miller

It's true ain't it? To be relieved from the surrounding noise of the world is possibly the best medication any person can give to himself. To be able to run faraway from the hustle and bustle of our attention-seeking lives is a luxury, that many can only dream about. I mean come on, admit it, why in the world do you think those outback resorts make so much cash?

Everyday, we are constantly being bombarded with noise and images, though it may seem that what we are being exposed to does not overwhelm over senses, trust me it does. It affects the way you think, the way you act, how efficient you are. In fact, despite everyone constantly telling you of the capability to multi-task, and yes, this skill can be trained, the fact that we are less efficient in our actions, we are less attentive, less focused and more tired impinges on our efficiency.

Try sitting and not doing anything, without ya mobile, without music and just being still. You can't. Because even I can't.

My life has to go. Aller Aller Aller. I cannot sit still coz' I feel that I'm at my prime now. Now's the time to try everything that you wanna do, now's the time when fatigue does not come too frequently (nothing that a cup of caffeine cannot fix!). Now's the time to do crazy things, I know I'm not superhuman, but alas, there are things that my body and will would possibly be able to do now, and not later. Now's the time when time is in excess, when I'm not constrained and kept in check by a 9-5 job (I'm so not going to become a desk-bound lawyer) or payments for a house or car. It's time to go. whee.

I like.

Get Stickam for Free.
adopt your own virtual pet!

results

Torts A.50.P.

Psych testing.63.C.

Property A.54.P.

Perception & Personality.60.C.

DAYS TILL:

adulthood [5 mths]

loved ones coming [2 mths]

TO GOING HOME [4 mths]

Francine.yans.yan

confused.still seeking.lost. searching.discovering.investigating. guzzling.coffee.scones.jam. cookies.shopping.obssessed. music.movies.melacholy.strange. constant.wondering.wandering.

  • nickelback -- faraway
  • brooke fraser - her whole cd!!
  • John Hiatt - have a little faith in me
  • Snaps
  • Thailand 05
  • COUNCIL!!!
  • Becky's
  • cera's
  • Charm's
  • Derrick's
  • Gen's
  • jasmine's
  • jiemei's
  • Joel's
  • Joon's
  • meimei's
  • sammy's
  • Sherlynn's
  • Tsin's
  • Yan|1|'s
  • Powered by Blogger