Sunday, October 23, 2005

Treating my soul like trash?

I heeded alot of people's advice today - I went back to church :) I haven't been in a service for awhile, call it a mini-holiday or whatever BUT ah..long story. In any case, today things worked out and I ended up going for service. No regrets whatsoever though. It wasn't as awkward as I imagined it to be - I realised today that everyone (or is that an over-generalisation?!!) tends to imagine the worst of everything. However though, I figure that it makes sense because when you learn to expect the worse, if things turn out better than normal, you tend to feel alot better. There. go figure. haha.

It was about the soul. About how the reason why we are different than all the other things God created in the world - we've got a soul. A soul that's worth more than anything in this world, worth more than all the hurt, all the pain, all the material things that money can ever buy - it's worth the life of Christ - priceless. It was rather shocking to hear that. Even, it was shocking to be back at church. I realised that in all this time that I was away, all this time that I thought that I was still listening to God, still knowing how to pray, still knowing how to worship...I had in fact forgotten how to do it all. Really. It's strange and it's hard to grapple with.

Thank God though, I re-learnt it today. And I promise that I would make an effort to do so from now on.

For all the cynics, it's hard to believe. But honestly, it's what gets me by. Afterall, I have to thank someone for sending me all you special people out there right? :)

In another news though, today was a fine fine fine day. It was perfect. Warm, no rain. sunny. no need for sweaters (though it was predicted there might be!). Whee. It was brilliant. I had coffee (I wasn't supposed to..detox!!hee.). I had a mango-mania-green tea nectar smoothie (all soy - no milk! so no rules broken). I watched pride and prejudice (i'm convinced that because the movie was so good - I'm going to have to read the book to catch the parts the movie missed!). I bought a dress (pretty!for my cousin's wedding!) and went on a mini-shopping spree in Sportsgirl because there was a gift voucher floating around! hee. It was a good day.

Why art thou so easily persauded?

Company was amazing. I mean who can beat the company of my cousin right? :) The year could have been more unbearable if it wasn't for her. And really. It could have been the worst!

mei mei. I'm ready for your arrival. I spend 78 bucks buying train tickets today!!

Get Stickam for Free.
adopt your own virtual pet!

results

Torts A.50.P.

Psych testing.63.C.

Property A.54.P.

Perception & Personality.60.C.

DAYS TILL:

adulthood [5 mths]

loved ones coming [2 mths]

TO GOING HOME [4 mths]

Francine.yans.yan

confused.still seeking.lost. searching.discovering.investigating. guzzling.coffee.scones.jam. cookies.shopping.obssessed. music.movies.melacholy.strange. constant.wondering.wandering.

  • nickelback -- faraway
  • brooke fraser - her whole cd!!
  • John Hiatt - have a little faith in me
  • Snaps
  • Thailand 05
  • COUNCIL!!!
  • Becky's
  • cera's
  • Charm's
  • Derrick's
  • Gen's
  • jasmine's
  • jiemei's
  • Joel's
  • Joon's
  • meimei's
  • sammy's
  • Sherlynn's
  • Tsin's
  • Yan|1|'s
  • Powered by Blogger