BEING THE GIRL
I’m the girl who’s about to turn 20, who kinda knows what she wants outta life, but is still wondering if she's gotta the capabilities and talents to get there. I'm the girl who wants to do a million and one crazy things, just afraid that she'll be alone when she does it.
I'm the girl who's still insecure, who's kook-y and strange all at once.
I'm the girl who swears by caffeine and loves chocolate, but tortures herself by not eating it.
I'm the girl who broke a heart the first time, got her heart broken the next, and I'm the girl who's still waiting for YOU.
I'm the girl who sang and danced in the middle of town with you and you and you, one strange night in december. and we even had ice-cream after. How nice :)
I'm the girl who first, wondered how in the world did I end up with you guys and now, after two years alone, wondered what I could possibly have done to deserve people as great and wonderful as you. I'm the girl you locked out when I turned 12.
I'm the girl who insisted on running and running and running, and then walking and walking and walking till you could not take anymore.
I'm the girl who lives 5 mins from you, who ate chicken rice with alot of sauce bought from the canteen with you, almost everyday of the week during the 'A's. I'm the girl who has that beautiful collage you made for me on my window sill. I'm the girl who made you call me when you got home.
I'm the girl with a twin, brought together by the lovely yan-yan biscuits. Vanilla. Chocolate and Strawberry.
I'm the girl who told you, you and you so many pointless stories that at the end of it all, you would end up laughing at me before I even begin.
I'm the girl whose car you sat in when I was holding my 'L's. Of course, fearing for your lives. But never once did you dissuade me.
I'm the girl who had to buy you lunch in England because you bought too many colour-coordinated things from a shop.
I'm the girl who freaked out over physics but you gave me a penny and wrote me a song.
I'm the girl who backed out on so many of your plans that I'm sure that if you had it your way, you would punish me.
I'm the girl who talks to you till late in the night. Who watches silly Taiwanese shows and paints your nails for you.
I'm the girl who was mean enough to attempt to move the council sofa out of the room so that it'll still be ours when we got retrenched.
I'm the girl who you never did find out was your angel till 2 gazillon years later.
I'm the girl who you think highly of, but who always felt that she was never those things.
I'm the girl who now wants to go home.
I'm that girl. So who are you?
via Yanyi, started all by MercerMachine.
***
I’m the girl who’s got a history essay and a psych lab report due next week!

<< Home