A - typically Me
It's just so me to broad over things that I have no control over - or in this period, it could be just that i'm FINALLY pms-ing, body finally taking the impact of all the exercise that I've been doing ( which hopefully means that I would be finally in the process of getting back my pre-Australia weight! )
I've been doing some research about buying a car and all those things like that. It's strange, like the more you know about something, the greater your desire to have it. I knew from day 1 last year that being here, I would eventually have to end up buying a car. I think that's it's alright not having a car staying in Singapore, but here, really you do - especially if it's independance you're seeking - if it's the idea of being alone and not having to stress out over when the bus is running till on Sunday or the exhorberant cab-fare that nicks at your senses everytime you attempt to go home pass 7 on a sunday evening - if it's the notion of not being caught up halfway in the middle of the storm with at least 5 kg worth of groceries to carry and there's no one to help (tsk.tsk.) - or if it's simply the relish of being able to wake up half an hour later every morning, or taking the normal 10 mins to get to the destination instead of the 1 hour preparation time you have to set aside (you know you can write one full essay in an hour!)
The extent of desperation can be seen in that I accepted a car - all 23 years of age - that's now sitting in my front yard - comatosed for the last 4/5 months - and i'm probably going to end up being the only one having to do something about it - as i'm the possibly the only pro-active one in my house at the moment.
The worst thing the whole "buying a car" thing was that when I realised I wanted/desired/needed one, I had to get getting my license outta the way, which now I've already done. So how now? And furthermore, the car that i've been having my eye on, toyota echo is going to be phased out by November the 1st - which essentially means that the deals that are being offered to me at the moment are the best of the lot.
Like for instance, I got a call from Chadstone Toyota, a dealer which is right behind my house. The guy was willing to beat the price of any of the other dealers, sell me a manual car for the price of an auto-car ($1500 bucks more!) - probably throw in a few more other things, perhaps ABS breaks and all those sorta things which would push the actual selling price by quite a bit.
The whole problem now - no money's going to fall from the sky for me or any of the people who's willing to buy me one (read: parents!) - so no way to get a car. so yah...
I'm going to be PMS-ing for a while.

<< Home