So HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE
I posted a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE" post exactl-y a year ago. Yes, it has been a year. One helluva of a year. Some things have changed but overall, nothing's changed much.
Last year, the webcast of the parade was so bad that all those watching couldn't catch the fly-past...this year was the same. Last year on the 9th of August..Melbourne was pouring. It was raining heavily, it was cold and the wind was soo strong. This year was no different. The rain started before NDP started and it's still drizzling a little now. The only thing different though was that we planned to do something this year. Just a get together to remember that Singapore's still home. That Singapore's not that faraway. To celebrate that little bit of Singapore we miss. It was a joint celebration and today, I took pride in wishing everyone Singaporean a happy national day. and also, happy birthday gloria :)
You know what, I think at the end of all this. At the end of this chapter of my life. I would go home. Australia would just be temporary, like an escape. As Bel says ..." when your backside is itching to go away"
I would really like to get my hands on a Singapore and AC flag. Oh and of course, a Fairfield one. That's where my loyalties lie:)
Happy Birthday everyone!

<< Home