Saturday, August 13, 2005

Melbourne's CBD

If you ever get the chance to constantly take the train from Melbourne's outter suburbs to the CBD, you get hit with the realisation that perhaps, maybe Melbourne's CBD is like a world unto it's on, the high rise towers actually form some form of fortress that looms above you, once you past the station at South Yarra. Despite that though, that overwhelming presence that you get as if you've come from beyond, somewhere faraway, the city actually welcomes you. It does it really does.

Yes, things are more expensive, but surprise, surprise, the hustle and bustle of the city never fail to excite. Especially, especially me. I love it because it's noisy. I love it because three STARBUCKS are within walking distances of each other. I love it because transport is so efficient that I don't have to pour over timetables to check what time the next train/tram/bus is coming such that I don't spend too much time stuck out in the cold [can you imagine if it was the wednesday where it snowed!] Most importantly though, I love it because my family is here. I've got some family here. Suddenly, honestly, the distance no longer really really matters. I get a brief respite and I get to see my cousin.

It's strange though, thinking back. Like how things must come to this, it must be as such in order for relationships to get better and grow closer. i admit that back at home, my cousin and i weren't that close. Perhaps, it might be so again once we go back home because she's got her friends and I've got mine...and we'll both be so caught up with our own individual lives once again that coffee would be a rare thing. A special thing, saved for the weekends in Melbourne where we both get brief respites from the overwhelming schedule of school, work and HOUSEWORK!

Still, I guess. It shouldn't and doesn't really matter. I'm thankful for this opportunity to have this time to get to know her better. To have been bless by some family here. Till the weekend disappear!! I'm going to play!!


doo. dee. doo. dee. doo

Get Stickam for Free.
adopt your own virtual pet!

results

Torts A.50.P.

Psych testing.63.C.

Property A.54.P.

Perception & Personality.60.C.

DAYS TILL:

adulthood [5 mths]

loved ones coming [2 mths]

TO GOING HOME [4 mths]

Francine.yans.yan

confused.still seeking.lost. searching.discovering.investigating. guzzling.coffee.scones.jam. cookies.shopping.obssessed. music.movies.melacholy.strange. constant.wondering.wandering.

  • nickelback -- faraway
  • brooke fraser - her whole cd!!
  • John Hiatt - have a little faith in me
  • Snaps
  • Thailand 05
  • COUNCIL!!!
  • Becky's
  • cera's
  • Charm's
  • Derrick's
  • Gen's
  • jasmine's
  • jiemei's
  • Joel's
  • Joon's
  • meimei's
  • sammy's
  • Sherlynn's
  • Tsin's
  • Yan|1|'s
  • Powered by Blogger