Monday, June 06, 2005

My favourite tune

Listen to the beginning of "Save me" by Corrinne May. That's my favourite tune. I finally concluded that that was it. It transcends everything - the whole myriad of emotions that one can possibly feel and you know, it's apt at all times :) It's beautiful. It really is.

The most exciting thing that happened today? My silly French oral. As in I haven't really figured out why they want us to take an oral exam, honestly. A possible reason could be that they want to make a fool outta us. All these kids, haven't spoken a word of French for their whole lives and they want us to hold a conversation with the right accents and all those other intonations in French. It's insane. at the same time, it was hilarious. Because Rhea and I were just screaming at each other when we walked out of the room and she said that I looked like a baboon's ass. (NOT!) My french oral went something like this:

Tutor: blah, blah, blah... (see i can't even remember what she said!)
Me: Je...ah...pardon...ah....pardon...Repetez sil vous plait?
Tutor: blah, blah, blah..
Me: Ah oui...ah, ah, ah.....Je.....pardon.. (what the heck right?!)
Tutor: Blah, blah, blah...
Me: Er...une lapine...manger( it's supposed to be mange!!!) du ice cream
(it's suppose to be du glass!!!)

so basically, the whole oral went something along those lines. I think I made my 3 french words that made no sense in English and even no more sense in French. Bother.

I just hope I pass. This french oral. Maybe really, our brains aren't wired to learn a new language after that critical period. I'm just a statistic to that hypothesis now.

Get Stickam for Free.
adopt your own virtual pet!

results

Torts A.50.P.

Psych testing.63.C.

Property A.54.P.

Perception & Personality.60.C.

DAYS TILL:

adulthood [5 mths]

loved ones coming [2 mths]

TO GOING HOME [4 mths]

Francine.yans.yan

confused.still seeking.lost. searching.discovering.investigating. guzzling.coffee.scones.jam. cookies.shopping.obssessed. music.movies.melacholy.strange. constant.wondering.wandering.

  • nickelback -- faraway
  • brooke fraser - her whole cd!!
  • John Hiatt - have a little faith in me
  • Snaps
  • Thailand 05
  • COUNCIL!!!
  • Becky's
  • cera's
  • Charm's
  • Derrick's
  • Gen's
  • jasmine's
  • jiemei's
  • Joel's
  • Joon's
  • meimei's
  • sammy's
  • Sherlynn's
  • Tsin's
  • Yan|1|'s
  • Powered by Blogger