A chai latte and lots of books
Today's another one of those perfect winter days - cold, chilly but yet the sun's shining brightly. It's beautiful. It's so surreal that it's hard to believe that something like that actually is in existence.
Today's the first week of the winter holidays. It's strange that for the first year in my whole entire life i'm not at home spending my time thinking about what i should do with the day. But it's ok being here, I chose to stay here and not go home. Time passes alot of faster when you're here because the days are much shorter, if you wake up at 10, half ya day's already gone because the sun sets at 5 and there's not much to do once the sky turns down - especially in my kampung.
This past semester has been generally good. Eventful, full of ups and downs, but it's been good. I have learnt alot in the last 13 weeks. Most importantly though, I realised two things, firstly,I really love history. The subject history. maybe it's because I did well in it this semester, but I think more so because there's so much things that you can learn from the past. Past mistakes that should not be repeated.
The second thing that I've learnt this semester is that it's wonderful having family around. Not just ANY family, but close family. My cousin has been around this semester and really, it's been nothing but a joy having her around. Maybe it's because the fornightly trips to the city helps refresh the spirit, or perhaps her being around keeps me focused - that there's someone that I really should and want to look out for, or maybe even because I know that when all things go wary there's someone who'll understand who's family just a short train ride away. Maybe it's a culmination of everything. In any case, I've never been happier :)
Thank you Cera. Enjoy ya holidays back home. Come back soon though so that i'll have some coffee company!
Of course then, I've been working through the semester. Working in a handphone shop and tutoring a church friend of mine, chinese. I've been learning alot, even my chinese is being re-drained into me. haha with all the practice, looks like I won't ever forget. Even my cantonese is improving with all the phones that I'm selling to the Hongkies *grinz*
As a matter of fact, I think I might be having an all-rounded education.
Oh yes, I've caught up with my driving too. Been taking driving lessons and will take my practical test in September. Wish me luck. Because I want to go home and be a driver. hees.
Anyhow, Back to work for me.
Hope everyone's been good and doing great!

<< Home