F I R S T M A Y I S L A B O U R D A Y O R I S I T ? ? ?
coffee, cold winter nights, a comfy sofa, rugs, a fireplace and of course the one that you love - that notion, that ideal seems to what dreams are made of, at least for the majority of people i know, who appreciate coffee or hot chocolate, who understand that there's nothing better than spending those cold, dark wintry nights snuggled up next to the one that you love, in a house that you both own. doing nothing, but just talking, watching the lights on the christmas tree flickering and reminscing the common past that the both of you share
ah exactly what dreams are made of.
Ah, but in those cold winter nights and if you think back further, at least now when i think back further, the images that appear in my mind are not those of the above, but the Jews suffering in Poland, under the sordid rule of the Germans - under Hilter, under the ideals of Nazism. I still don't understand completely why things as such were allowed to happened, what happened that's so ungraspable that till now it's hard to believe that human beings, us, the purported rationalists, the advocates of being civillised, the beings who fight for humanity would reduce another fellow being to such an extent. It's so sad. It just is.
When i listen to the testimonies of the survivors of the Holocaust, they describe their experiences so vividly, that you just get transported back to the days when Hitler and his SS men were handing out punishment more than they were handing out warm clothing and bread. By then, you realise that what you imagine is probably so much short of what these people actually experience.
I just pray we never forget. Because when we forget, we don't learn and we allow same things to happen.

<< Home