Sore? No. really
Today's valentine's day. The day when the price of roses triple or even quadraple overnight. Insane really. As if showing someone you really treasure and love on this day would make it even more special as compared to showing them you love them on the many other days of the ear. It's a scam really. And seriously, I came to the conclusion not because I don't have a special someone now. I'm not sore.
I can hear the florists gleefully rubbing their hands in delight!
I think showing someone you love them shouldn't only be confined to one day. You shouldn't only do special things on this day. Just because the rest of the world is doing it along with you.
I believe that love is more than that, love is more about roses or flowers or any sort (although I admit some occasionally's always nice). Love is about self-sacrificing, being concerned about another as if that person was yourself. Love is about learning to give more than take. Love is about going out of your way to show that you care. Most importantly, I think love is about treasuring and being contented about what you have. That's what it is.
It's not about 250 dollar roses. 150 dollar dinners. It's more than that. Valentine's day if it must exist, I believe should be every single day of the year, every minute and every day of our lives, simply because at the moment, I think the world around us really needs so much more love.

<< Home