The wrath of the TSUNAMIS, or is it?
"Seldom do we have natural disasters big enough to hit all sides of an ocean at one and the same time. When this happens, we can clearly percieve our vulnerability - indeed our puni-ness - as human beings" Ooi Kee Beng, Straits Times, 28/12/2004
The article where I got this quote from was an interesting one, I felt the same way when 9/11 happened as well as all those other calamities that have befallen mankind whether it is of consequence to our actions or not. It reminded me though, that there surely is a higher power controlling everything. Because, to be at home, in the middle of the devastation, and yet to have not lost any family members to what had happened cannot be anything short of anything but a miracle.
Still then, why would God possibly allow something so terrible to happen? I'll ask God when I get to heaven, but I believe it lies alot in the above quote. There's no way that man can stand alone, it takes cooperation, putting aside differences, regardless of our predecessors' mistakes, to come out of any rut together. Relative to all the things around us, we are limited by our mere size, our advances in technology, our wealth, only when we can stand together as one, then perhaps, there's a possiblity that we might actually be of some significance.
I believe so, that what happened should make us all realise that when Mother Nature works her magic, it happens without consideration or caution to the poor, to the rich, to the colour of their skin, when it happens, it happens and no one can possibly stop it no matter whether they're at one end of the social contiuumn or the other.
So at the end of the all, everyone here is like a whole big melting pot. It's hard to separate one from the other and i think there's a greater and bigger reason for it to be so.

<< Home