Saturday, December 11, 2004

Law and all other matters

So, I've gone missing for a week. Well, not that anyone actually took notice that I didn't blog. But anyway, I've been thrust into the Singapore Legal Profession for the past week. My first week of work in a law firm, two days of going into the subordinate courts. It's been an eye-opener. As much as I want to say that I am now really sure, a 100% that I want to do litigation when I graduate, I can't. My new real, real lawyer friends are telling me a different story altogether.

Seriously, they think sh** everyday. From grumpy judges, to late ones. From starting work at 9, to "knocking off" at I-don't-really-know-what time. From dealing with arrogant counterparts who think that they are high and mighty just coz' they come from bigger firms. And alot of them, are even switching professions.

So what's law school for?

Law school, just arms you with a degree. Rather, I reckon it's to show everyone that you are qualified. That you know how to read those insane, inane english judgments, that take FOREVER to get through. It's like with an LLB, you're a cut above the rest. Phew, it's tiring really. Every move must be calculated, counted and kept in check. Either that, or you could just really really love what you're doing.

*shrugs*

On a different note though, it may have been a tiring week, but it's been a special one=) I had wonderful birthday dinners, beautiful surprise dinners. I met so many people that I'm happy that I'm back. Thank you God. I had a wonderful 3G dinner last night.

I just realised how old I am.

I took a long walk with Tsin, Gloria and Becky. Thank you dears.

Thank you all of you for the beautiful presents. But please know that, I appreciate all your company much more, your smiles and the silly things we do together =)

***********
- and so we all say, "all united in the name of Starbucks."
Yipee

Get Stickam for Free.
adopt your own virtual pet!

results

Torts A.50.P.

Psych testing.63.C.

Property A.54.P.

Perception & Personality.60.C.

DAYS TILL:

adulthood [5 mths]

loved ones coming [2 mths]

TO GOING HOME [4 mths]

Francine.yans.yan

confused.still seeking.lost. searching.discovering.investigating. guzzling.coffee.scones.jam. cookies.shopping.obssessed. music.movies.melacholy.strange. constant.wondering.wandering.

  • nickelback -- faraway
  • brooke fraser - her whole cd!!
  • John Hiatt - have a little faith in me
  • Snaps
  • Thailand 05
  • COUNCIL!!!
  • Becky's
  • cera's
  • Charm's
  • Derrick's
  • Gen's
  • jasmine's
  • jiemei's
  • Joel's
  • Joon's
  • meimei's
  • sammy's
  • Sherlynn's
  • Tsin's
  • Yan|1|'s
  • Powered by Blogger