Thursday, October 28, 2004

Sentimental sucker

The trouble with love is

Love can be a many splendid thing
Has another joy you bring
A dozen roses, diamond rings
Dreams for sale and fairy tales
It’ll make you hear a symphony
And you’ll just want the world to see
But like a drunk that makes you blind
It’ll fool you every time

*The trouble with love is
It can tear you up inside
Make your heart believe a lie
Gets stronger then your pride
The trouble with love is
It doesn’t care how fast you fall
And you can’t refuse the call
See you’ve got no say at all
Now I was just a once a fool it’s true
I played the game by all the rules
But now my world’s a deeper blue
I’m sadder but I’m wiser too
I swore I’d never love again
I swore my heart would never mend
Said love wasn’t worth the pain
But then I hear it call my name
*
Every time I turn around I think I’ve got it all
My heart keeps callin, and I keep on fallin, over and over again
This set story always ends the same
Me standin in the pouring rain
It seems no matter what I do
It tears my heart in two
*

I just watched love actually again. Yes, again. The fourth time now. I can’t ever get enough of the show. It’s beautiful. I was asked once which story I liked the best, I realised now that I don’t have a favourite, because all of them are beautiful. Beautiful, stories of strength, and most importantly of all, it grants me the opportunity to escape from my imperfect world, into the “love actually” world, where though imperfect, there are happy endings. I think in more ways than one, the show mirrors my life, my dreams and my hopes. My world is all interlinked, interrelated, everyone knows someone. I dreamt that I would have a wedding like that of Juliet’s and Peters. I wished once before that I could go to England, and stay. I fell head over heels in love with the place. I dreamt before of white Christmases with hot chocolate, and snuggling with the person I’ll spend the rest of my life with next to the dying embers of the fire in the fireplace. I dreamt of ice-skating in the middle of winter, hand in hand with my best and closest friends.

Can you love me?

It’s ironical though, how I got to watch the show today. The show that I’m in love with. The show that constantly reminds me how faraway from home I am now and how much I’ve grown up, how much time has past since I first watched it. I wake up this morning and the rain was pouring down on Melbourne, the wind was blasting through the slits between the window and the sill –Gloomy. The news headlines had nothing but a sombre story to tell. Death. More hostages taken. Suffering. Pain; and more Death. It depressed me and the weather didn’t help.

I still believe no one deserves anything that’s happening in the world right now. I told a friend and he told me that the last time he thought about it, it just seemed that the end of the world was so near, but he learnt that we ought not to take things for granted, that our problems are insignificant. I agree, but I still don’t know. I still don’t know why when I see things like that, it hurts like crazy. It just feels useless not being able to do anything. To only be able to pray and wish that things would go alright. It’s hard but still…

Thank you for loving me, imperfect me.

Gym today. 10km run. Whoopee. Wasted it all though. On dinner and cream of broccoli soup.

Get Stickam for Free.
adopt your own virtual pet!

results

Torts A.50.P.

Psych testing.63.C.

Property A.54.P.

Perception & Personality.60.C.

DAYS TILL:

adulthood [5 mths]

loved ones coming [2 mths]

TO GOING HOME [4 mths]

Francine.yans.yan

confused.still seeking.lost. searching.discovering.investigating. guzzling.coffee.scones.jam. cookies.shopping.obssessed. music.movies.melacholy.strange. constant.wondering.wandering.

  • nickelback -- faraway
  • brooke fraser - her whole cd!!
  • John Hiatt - have a little faith in me
  • Snaps
  • Thailand 05
  • COUNCIL!!!
  • Becky's
  • cera's
  • Charm's
  • Derrick's
  • Gen's
  • jasmine's
  • jiemei's
  • Joel's
  • Joon's
  • meimei's
  • sammy's
  • Sherlynn's
  • Tsin's
  • Yan|1|'s
  • Powered by Blogger